Puppy Kitten & Senior Pet Care
Thank you for letting us be your partner in your new puppy or kitten’s health! Puppy and kitten wellness visits ensure you and your new pet get off to a healthy start in life!
Puppy/Kitten Preventative Care includes:
• Full veterinary “nose-to-tail” physical examination
• Vaccinations and deworming as needed
• Discussion of proper nutrition
• Discussion of spay/neuter
• Internal and external parasite checks
• Heartworm prevention
• Information and suggestions on basic training
• Dental checkup and discussion of dental care for your pet
• Microchipping recommendation
You probably have many questions about your new family member – we encourage you to ask us! As your partner in their health, we want you to be informed and comfortable in all decisions. Melton Veterinary Hospital is here to help you help them live a long, healthy & happy life!
Since our pets age at a faster rate than humans, we recommend an exam every six months after your pet reaches age 7 in order to help them live a longer, healthier & happier life. Good senior pet health care requires attention to several factors:
• Diet and weight management
• Joint health
• Early disease detection blood and urine tests
• Dental maintenance
• Diabetes screening
• Function of thyroid, kidneys, and liver
• Eye and vision health
• Pain management discussion
Regular exams and testing allows us to determine what is normal for your pet. Knowing these results help us detect any abnormalities or problems early. When diagnosed early, many conditions can be successfully managed leading to better outcomes for your pet and treatment costs can often be reduced.